1 lb. HAEN GROUND CHICKEN
1 pk Rice River Farms Northwoods Blend
(available at Haen’s)
2 T. + ¼ C. butter (melted)
1 small onion diced
¼ C. olive oil
1 14.5 can chicken broth
2-3 minced garlic cloves
2 stalks celery, chopped
1-2 C. fresh mushrooms, sliced or 2 small cans
1 small can water chestnuts, diced
½ C. slivered or sliced almonds, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. In frying pan, sauté onion, celery, and mushrooms until tender.
3. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute; Set aside in bowl.
4. In same pan, add a little oil and brown ground chicken.
5. Prepare rice with 2T. butter, 2 ¼ cups water and chicken broth.
6. Bring to a boil, do not simmer.
7. Combine rice, sautéed vegetables, ground chicken, water chestnuts and almonds in 2 quart greased casserole dish.
8. Add remaining butter and oil. Stir together and cover with foil.
9. Bake for 1 ½ hours.