Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Chicken Fried Pork Chops
1/2 cup milk
3 T. water
1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tsp. mustard
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/4 cup vegetable oil
salt and pepper
1. Mix egg and 3 T. milk together in a shallow dish.
2. Mix pinch of garlic powder, 1 tsp. thyme, pinch of cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste with bread crumbs.
3. Cover pork chops with flour, then egg mixture, then bread crumb mixture.
4. Preheat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
5. Fry pork chops until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes per side.
6. Remove pork and oil from skillet leaving about 1 T.
7. Add mustard and 1 T. flour and mix well.
8. Add remaining milk, water, garlic powder, thyme, cayenne and salt and pepper to taste.
9. Simmer until thickened; serve over warm pork chops.
*Pork should reach an internal temperature of 160 degrees