Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 cup thinly sliced onions
2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 cup white wine
3 cups peeled and chopped tomatoes (or substitute canned tomatoes in juice)
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
1 red bell pepper chopped
1 cup diced mushrooms (optional)
salt and pepper
cooked egg noodles or white rice
1. Rinse chicken and pat dry.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add onions (and mushrooms) and cook until tender.
3. Push onions aside; season chicken with salt; add to skillet skin-side down.
4. Cook chicken until golden brown; turn over and brown other side; add garlic to pan and cook 1 minute more.
5. Sprinkle pepper to taste and Italian seasoning over chicken.
6. Add wine and simmer until reduced by half.
7. Add tomatoes and bell peppers; lower heat; cover skillet with lid slightly ajar.
8. Simmer chicken on low heat turning and basting occasionally until very tender, about 40 minutes.
9. Serve over cooked noodles or rice.