Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Chicago Italian Beef
5 lbs. HAEN BEEF RUMP ROAST
2 cans beef broth (10 ¼ oz. each)
1 pkg. dry Italian salad dressing mix
½ jar pepperoncini peppers
½ jar giardiniera (Italian relish)
5 sweet red peppers
1 loaf long French bread
1. Cook first 5 ingredients in a crockpot on low heat for 18 hours turning meat twice in between.
2. Cut sweet peppers into long strips.
3. Cook in water on low heat until soft.
4. Cut bread lengthwise.
5. Pull roast apart with a fork; using tongs, pile bread with meat and juice.
6. Lay pepper strips on top of meat and salt to taste.