Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Chicken Meatball Pasta
½ lb. HAEN SKINLESS GROUND CHICKEN
½ cup Panko bread crumbs
¼ cup milk
2 T. grated onion
1 T. fresh minced parsley
1 T. sour cream
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
PASTA + SAUCE
2 cups uncooked mini shell or orecchiette pasta
¼ cup reserved pasta water
1 cup Tomato Basil pasta sauce
½ cup heavy cream
½ cup mini mozzarella balls (found next to fresh mozzarella)
fresh chopped parsley or basil
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine Panko with milk; let stand until milk is absorbed.
2. Add the chicken, egg, onion, minced parsley, sour cream, salt and pepper; mixture will be wet.
3. Shape mixture into small meatballs and place in a single layer on a sprayed baking sheet.
4. Broil on high for 3-4 minutes or until almost cooked through; remove and let stand.
5. Cook pasta al dente according to package directions; reserve ¼ cup of pasta water and drain the rest.
6. In a large saute pan, heat pasta sauce over medium heat, add cream and bring to a simmer.
7. Add meatballs and simmer over low-medium heat for about 5 minutes or until sauce has slightly thickened and meatballs are cooked through.
8. Add cooked pasta and reserved pasta water to the sauce; stir.
9. Add mozzarella balls; sprinkle with fresh herbs and serve immediately.