Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Cheesy Pulled Pork
3 lb HAEN BONELESS PORK SHOULDER
2 T. ketchup
2 T. brown sugar packed
1 T. red pepper flakes
1 ¼ cups cider vinegar, divided
1 ½ tsp. salt, divided
1 red onion thinly sliced
8 buns split
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
4 oz. cream cheese softened
1 4 oz. jar diced pimentos, drained
salt and pepper
1. In a bowl, combine ketchup, brown sugar, red pepper, ½ cup vinegar and ½ tsp. salt.
2. Pour vinegar mixture into slow cooker and add pork.
3. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
4. In a bowl, combine remaining vinegar, remaining salt, and onion.
5. Set aside at room temperature 2 hours, then refrigerate until ready to serve.
6. In a food processor, combine cheeses and pimentos and pulse; salt and pepper to taste; refrigerate until ready to serve.
7. Transfer cooked pork to a cutting board and use 2 forks to shred meat.
8. Drain onions and discard marinade.
9. Spread cheese mixture on bottom of buns, top with pork and onions and serve.