Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
Chicken Broccoli Casserole
4 HAEN BONELESS CHICKEN BREASTS
1 head of broccoli cut into small florets
2 cups cooked white rice
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup sour cream
½ cup mayonnaise
1 T. lemon juice
2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x13 baking dish.
2. Place chicken in a large pot with water to cover.
3. Add salt to pot; bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until chicken is tender, about 45 minutes.
4. Drain the chicken, cover and cool; shred the chicken when cooled.
5. Bring a medium pot of generously salted water to a boil, add broccoli and boil until crisp-tender, about 2-3 minutes.
6. Layer the cooked rice on the bottom of the greased baking dish.
7. Layer the broccoli over the rice.
8. In a large bowl, mix the soup, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chicken and ½ the cheddar cheese; salt and pepper to taste.
9. Pour the chicken mixture over the broccoli and top with remaining cheese.