Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
1 lb. HAEN GROUND PORK
1 lb. HAEN GROUND BEEF
1 large baking potato
1 onion, minced
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. black pepper
¼ tsp. cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground cloves
¼ tsp. allspice
½ cup water
¼ tsp. paprika
pastry for a 9 inch double crust deep dish pie
1. Bake the potato at 400°F for 30-40 minutes or until done; peel and mash ½ the potato, peel and dice the other ½.
2. Place the potato, pork, beef, onion, spices (except paprika), and water in a large frying pan and simmer until very thick, about 1 hour.
3. Prepare pastry and line deep dish pie plate with it.
4. Spoon in meat mixture evenly and cover with top crust.
5. Brush crust with beaten egg and sprinkle with paprika.
6. Cut a vent in crust and bake for 50 minutes at 350°F.
* Serve warm and with ketchup or butter as desired
Categories: Beef, Pork, Holiday Meals