Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
1 lb. HAEN ITALIAN SAUSAGE
1 lb. (1/2 loaf) day old French bread
broken into small pieces
3 T. melted butter
1 lb. shredded pepper jack cheese
1 ½ cups whole milk
1/3 cup white wine
3 green onions chopped
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
¼ tsp. black pepper
¼ tsp. red pepper
1 cup sour cream
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Brown sausage in a skillet over medium-high heat, drain and set aside.
2. Spread bread pieces in bottom of 9x13 dish; drizzle with melted butter.
3. Top bread with cooked sausage; cover with shredded cheese.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, wine, mustard, and onions.
5. Season with black and red pepper.
6. Pour egg mixture over everything in baking dish.
7. Cover and refrigerate 8-12 hours.
8. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes prior to baking, uncover to allow to come to room temperature.
9. Preheat oven to 325°F.
10. Cover with aluminum foil; bake for 30 minutes.
11. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes.
12. Remove from oven; spread sour cream over top; sprinkle with Parmesan.
13. Bake an additional 10 minutes.