Haen Meat Packing Inc. Recipes
1 LB HAEN LEAN GROUND BEEF
1 PK HAEN ITALIAN SAUSAGE
2 T. extra virgin olive oil
1 yellow onion, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 cloves minced garlic
28 oz. can chopped tomatoes
¼ cup tomato paste
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 bay leaf
1 cup whole milk
2 cups shredded provolone cheese
2 cups ricotta cheese
½ cup basil pesto sauce
6 oz. fresh mozzarella torn
1 box no boil lasagna noodles
salt and pepper
1. Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat; add onion and season with salt and pepper.
2. Add bell pepper, garlic, sausage, and beef; brown through breaking up meat as you go.
3. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano, bay leaves, milk, and 1 cup water; stir and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened…OR cook, covered, for up to 3 hours over low heat, stirring occasionally; remove bay leaves and discard.
4. In a medium bowl, combine pesto and ricotta.
5. Preheat oven to 375°F; grease a 9x13 baking pan.
6. Spread ¼ of sauce on bottom of pan; top with 4 noodles; top with ½ the ricotta cheese mixture.
7. Add another ¼ of the sauce and half the provolone.
8. Add 4 more noodles; top with remaining ricotta mixture, another ¼ cup sauce, and remaining provolone.
9. Add remaining noodles and sauce over top.
10. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan.
11. Bake uncovered 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned and bubbly.
12. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
Categories: Beef, Pork